Automated rules in Google Ads allow you to automate certain processes which will help you save a lot of time and money. These automated rules do all the heavy lifting for you so you don’t need to worry about all the manual and trivial tasks on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
Based upon predetermined settings and conditions, that you set when setting up these rules, they allow you to make changes in your account. You can change your ad status, budgets, bids and many more options.
An example of this would be if you wanted to ensure your ads remain one page one, you can set up a rule to boost your keywords bids if this were to happen.
Automated rules can also be used to trigger emails, without you having to take any other actions.
Watch our video guide on how to set up automated rules here
Below you will find instructions from the Google Support Center on how to set up an automated rule to raise your budget for campaigns.
Manage your Rules
Now that you have your rules set up you need to manage them to make sure they are doing what you want them to do. You can activate, pause, edit, remove or filter your rules within the Google Ads interface however you would like. You are also given the option to undo and rules that may have run on your Search campaigns. You can also manage the email automation, including the email notifications you receive, review a list of all changes to these rules and the rules statuses.
To manage your rules you can access them in the ‘Tools’ section, by clicking the tools icon then select Rules. In this window you will see a list of all of your rules along with icons indicating if the rules are enabled or paused.
- To enable, pause or delete any rules, click the down arrow next to the status icon.
- When you choose to delete or remove a rule this action is permanent, so if you want to use it in the future then you can just pause the rule.
- To edit a rule, scroll to the right and click the ‘Edit Rule’ option. You will get the rule management panel where you can adjust the setting and conditions of your rules. Be aware when you are editing the rule it is the same and removing the original and creating a new one.
- To filter your rules view, click the filter icon, select the column and value you want to filter. There are different options for filtering your rules including ‘rule status’, ‘name’, ‘notification’ and more.
- To hide or unhide paused rules got the three dots in the rules table.
- You can also undo a rule to revert that rule to undo any changes you may have made. Go to the Rules history page, the click undoes for a rule in the ‘Actions’ column.
For more information on how to set up automated rules please visit the Google Support centre here
If you enjoyed this blog, take a look at some of our other Google Ads Blogs and videos.
If you enjoyed this article, you may also like:
- Types of Video Ads Formats
- 7 Top Google Display Network (GDN) Strategies
- How To Create Google Ads Campaign
- How To Create Responsive Search Ads
- How To Create Video for YouTube Channel
Join in YouTube Live stream every weekday at 1600 hrs. Set your reminder here.