Google is a powerful tool for all businesses, which is why we’re passionate about helping you get the most from the biggest search engine on the market, such as the features and programs it has to offer.
You can watch this video to learn more about how to set up Call Ads Tracking.
In this blog post, we’ll provide you with an overview of call ads tracking. You’ll learn what they are, what benefits they offer businesses, and how you can implement call tracking into your current strategy.
So, please continue reading to learn more about this incredibly powerful and accessible technology and how it can revolutionise your company.
What Is Call Ads Tracking?
Call Ads Tracking is a feature by Google that allows you to gauge the impact of adverts and marketing materials that are call-only or that include call or location extensions. As a result, you can analyse how many phone calls you receive as a result of the campaign, which in turn tells you how effective adverts are regarding generating leads and conversions.
The way it works is simple – it only tracks calls that surpass the minimum duration (set by you). That way, the shorter length calls, the ones that aren’t typically to do with sales, are easier to discard and don’t muddy the waters. Essentially, Call Ads Tracking acts as a filter.
For organisations that rely on phone calls, this technology is a no-brainer.
Which Calls Can You Track?
There are four options in terms of call tracking. They are:
- Calls from ads: Lets you track calls made from call-only ads or extensions used in your ads. Every contact that lasts the duration of the minimum time you set is counted.
- Calls to a website phone number: When someone clicks on your ad and calls the number on your website, you can track the calls, such as their purpose, the caller, and why they bounced (if they did).
- Clicks on mobile website number: You can track any calls that result from a person clicking on your ad and the forwarding contact details on the ad itself or your website. However, Google only follows the clicks. The calls aren’t tracked.
- Import call conversions: Import call conversions let you track calls from another system and input them into the Google Ads feature. This offers more control over things such as sales and conversions, as you can decide which calls are linked.
To ensure the process works smoothly, you’ll require a Google forwarding number as you can’t track conversions from adverts, websites, or importing calls without one.
What Are The Benefits?
There are many benefits that businesses can leverage as they are easy to understand and accessible. The main ones include:
- Improved analytics: With the call tracking feature, you can see which elements of your marketing strategy are the most effective. For example, you can tell whether your keywords are boosting phone calls, or whether it’s down to ads and ad groups.
- A higher ROI: A direct knock-on effect of understanding your campaign is the ability to funnel resources into the correct areas. For instance, if your keywords and phrases aren’t useful, you need to spend more to strengthen a weak spot. Therefore, the business will experience less wastage, and the return on the investment will be greater.
- Campaign optimisation: Google uses artificial intelligence, and as an affiliate, you get to benefit from it too. The Call Ads Tracking program implements target cost-per-action and target return on ad spend, two elements tweak your strategies based on your targets.
This is done automatically, so you don’t even have to make changes to benefit from tracking phone calls.
Are There Any Requirements?
Yes – you must have access to a Google Ads account, an active call extension, location extension with a call option,call-only ad or call reporting. Also, your business must trade in an eligible country. Once you meet the requirements, you can create call conversion tracking for your business!
How Do You Set Up Call Tracking?
The process is pretty simple. By signing into your Google Ads account and clicking on the tools icon, in the right-hand corner, you’ll find “measurements.” From there, you can click on “conversions,” select the plus button, and then “phone calls.” Next, you must choose “calls from ads using call extensions or call-only ads,” and press continue.
You can now begin to tweak the criteria based on your specifications. For example, clicking on “category” will allow you to compartmentalise your conversions in reports. Alternatively, the “value” tab lets you decide the value of calls.
If you’d like to set up Call Ads, click here for a step-by-step guide.
Of course, if you need any help, we can guide you in the right direction. Here at SF Digital, we have the skills and experience, as well as an excellent level of customer service, to get the job done.
If you enjoyed this article, you may also like:
- How to Setup Call Ads Conversion Tracking
- Google Ads Call Recording
- How To Setup Conversion Tracking In Google Ads
- Google Ads Custom Intent Audiences
- Google Ads Smart Bidding
Join in YouTube Live stream every weekday at 1600 hrs. Set your reminder here.