Do you want to get started with video marketing and want to shoot professional-quality videos with your smartphone with equipment costing less than £100? In this blog post, you’ll learn everything you need to know and the equipment & kit required to shoot professional-quality videos with your smartphone.
You will also see an actual video shot with the equipment shown here. (Please scroll down for the video.)
The 2 most important factors when shooting a video are:
You can use a window for lighting your subject or yourself. However, make sure that the sunlight is not directly coming through the window as it creates harsh shadows. Best time is when there is a bit of cloud cover or either early morning or late evening when the daylight is very soft & diffused.
When you don’t have daylight, then you would need a lighting kit. You can start with a simple 2-head kit as shown in the video or as below.
Newer 700W professional lighting kit with 24″ x 24″ / 60cm x 60cm softbox with E27 socket light.
- The kit includes:(2)24″X24″/60x60cm Softbox+(2)85W 5500K CFL Light Bulb+(2)88″/224cm Light Stand +(1)Carrying Bag
- This professional kit is perfect for advertising products, photo-art, industrial, scientific and technical photography, photographic reproduction.
- (2)24″X24″/60x60cm Softbox: Softbox diffuses the light and gives you perfect even lighting when you need for the best shots possible.With E27 socket, you can directly connect light bulbs, fluorescent lamps, or slave flash to offer the light.
- (2)85W 5500K CFL Light Bulb: Low operating temperature so they don’t get hot like the more common photo bulb choices. Provide a bright environment for taking product photo.
- (2)88″/224cm Light Stand: Constructed from aluminium alloy, giving them exceptional strength for heavy duty work.And use quick single action locks, providing fast precision height adjustment.(1)Comes with carrying bag to transport and protect the equipment easily.
RØDE Microphones VideoMic Me Directional Microphone for Smart Phones
The Rode VideoMic Me is a lightweight and compact, high-quality directional microphone which connects directly to the iPhone TRRS microphone/headphone socket. The VideoMic Me includes a windshield for shooting outdoors or in adverse weather.
- Plug-and-play audio improvement for smartphones
- Pass-through jack for headphone use
- Rugged metal construction
- Includes furry windshield
- Designed and made in Australia
The Set Up
Here’s how I’ve set up the lights & the iPhone with the VideoMic Me.
Video Shot With The Above Setup
Here’s a video which I shot with the set up as shown above. You can see how great the quality is and the audio is perfect too!
Links To Amazon UK
I hope you enjoyed this blog post and the videos. You can get started with video production with minimal of investment and equipment. All you now need to do is to put into practice what I’ve shown you and get started with creating high-quality videos for your website, blog & social media. Remember, content is king nowadays and you must start to leverage the power of video to market your business.