At SF Digital we are proud to share our knowledge and expertise to help others build and grow their businesses online. In this blog, we are talking about Video Marketing and sharing our top tips on getting started. Very few business owners, professionals and bigger companies are utilizing and leveraging the power of video, so now is the time to get started and be ahead of the trend.
Why use video?
Video is an SEO hack!
Video is a fantastic way to get page 1 rankings on Google organically. With recent changes to the way Google shows its results, it is now favouring video content higher than ever before. Now, whenever you search for something on Google more often than not, a set of videos will appear in the results referred to the 3 pack or 4 pack. Getting your videos to rank in the 3 /4 pack is very achievable through SEO (and one of the easiest SEO wins we’ve ever had!).
YouTube Discovery Video Ads are one of the most effective ways of getting your message in front of your ideal customer when they are likely to be interested in your products or service. Find out more about YouTube Discovery Ads in our recent blog:
Video has been shown to be one of the best ways to engage with people. It helps your audience to get to know the human behind the brand. The more they can see you and your business the more credibility you build with your audience. This is the point when you can start to turn viewers into customers.
Video is a great way to showcase your brand and your business. You can shoot videos of your business location, services, products, your team, special promotions, celebrations, events, customer reviews and the list goes on…
When you are building your brand awareness with videos our top tip is to offer as much value in your videos as possible. This can be offering some advice, top tips within your industry/niche, tutorials, funny stories and other entertaining content. The more people are exposed to your brand the more likely they are to come to you for your product or service.
Top Tips to get you started with Video Marketing:
- Getting started beats perfection every time. It doesn’t have to be perfect, it just needs to be good enough. The more you make videos the better you will become. Think about Apple and Google, when they release new products or software there is usually a glitch or two but they improve over time. You will too!
- Don’t give up too quickly or too soon. You will not become YouTube famous one day 2 of starting your channel! That doesn’t mean you won’t though! Give the 90-day Video Challenge a go. Upload a video a day for 90 days, and see what happens. You may be surprised by the results!
- Be consistent! Your audience will grow if you stay consistent, not only with the amount of content you are going to create and share but with your topics and presentation.
- Don’t be afraid to niche down. Find a topic you are passionate about and stick to it, a smaller engaged audience is the best of both worlds, especially when you are starting out.
- Make a plan and schedule it into your calendar. Make sure you stick to it!
- Be yourself, don’t make false claims, be genuine and don’t try too hard.
- You don’t need expensive kit & equipment. You can get started with your smartphone, a microphone and a light, that’s all you need! DIY HACK: Paint a wall green and use it as a green screen!
- Edit on your smartphone. You can make professional looking videos on your smartphone. With the rise in apps such as Instagram and TikTok which are mobile platforms this makes sharing your new video even easier!
- KISS – Keep it Simple Silly! Don’t try to be Speilberg overnight, plan your key messages, write your script, practise and then go for it. Don’t over complicate the video, often the simplest videos are the most effective.
- Your first videos will be terrible!! Everyone thinks this of the first videos they made when they first started out, but they perfected as they went along.
How We Use Video at SF Digital
At SF Digital we use video as part of our core marketing strategy and is the first step in our content creation process. You will see us on YouTube every weekday, offering free Google Ads and Digital Marketing Tips.
These videos are then turned into blogs, (such as this one) & shorter videos and remarketed via social media and blogging sites. Since we have taken this step in our marketing strategy we have seen amazing results and it has taken our brand to the next level.
We would love to hear about how you’re getting on with your Video Marketing, if you need any help with video marketing, please do get in touch today for a chat!
If you enjoyed this article, you may also like: