We are really passionate about helping people get the most out of Google and YouTube. YouTube has so many benefits and allows you to reach a huge audience when you publish content consistently. This blog gives you some tips on how to set up your YouTube channel. You don’t have to be perfect the first time, keep going and enjoy your YouTube journey!
Creating a new YouTube Channel
When you create your Google Account you have the opportunity to watch videos, ‘like’ other videos, as well as the capability to subscribe to more channels. If you do not have your own YouTube channel you will not have an online or public presence on YouTube. Once you create your Google Account you are still required to create your own YouTube channel to upload your own videos, comments and make your own playlists. All you need to create a YouTube channel is a computer or mobile device with a good internet connection.
Creating your own personal channel
There are just a few steps to create a channel that can be managed by yourself via your Google account.
- On your computer or mobile device sign into YouTube
- See if you can carry out an action that would need a channel in place, for example uploading a video, making a comment or creating a playlist
- You will see a prompt to create a channel if one isn’t already set up
- Confirm all of your Google Account details e.g. account name and photo then create your new channel
Creating a business channel with multiple owners
Here’s how to create a channel for your business or under another name that will allow other people to manage it or own it. You can do this by using a ‘Brand Account’ which lets you create a channel under a different name but is still managed via your Google Account. You can learn more about that under Brand accounts.
On your computer or mobile device sign into YouTube:
- Find your channel list
- Create a new channel or use one of your existing accounts (Brand Account)
- Click ‘Create a new channel’
- For an existing Brand Account, create a YouTube channel by choosing the relevant brand account from the list
- If you already have a channel linked to a Brand Account, you are unable to create a new one
- If that is the case it will open up that brand account channel
- Go ahead and complete the information needed to name the new channel and verify the account.
- Click ‘Done’.You have created your new Brand Account
- Where you want to add another person to manage the account ‘channel manager’ go to the instructions to ‘change channel owner and managers’.
If you’d like to learn more about how to use online marketing strategies such as Google Ads or YouTube video marketing, make sure you check our blog regularly at www.sfdigital.co.uk/blog.
If you enjoyed this article, you may also like:
- YouTube Video Ads Tutorial
- Google Display Network: Video Ads
- YouTube Ads That Interrupt The Videos
- Video Marketing Series With SEMRush
Don’t forget you can also join us live on YouTube on weekdays 1700 hours UK time. Set your reminder here