Google Ads is a powerful tool available to everyone who wants to advertise online. There are various types of campaigns that you can create, depending on your products & services. In this blog post, you will learn what Google Ads Editor is and how you can use this to get the most from your Google Ads campaigns.
Watch our video guide on advanced campaign set up:
In order to get the most from your Google Ads campaigns you need to ensure your account is set up properly, this is the key to growing and scaling your campaigns.
First things first, you need to understand the basic three-tier/layer design of Google Ads. Once you understand the relationship between the three layers of your account, you will be able to organise your ads, keyword lists and ad groups into effective campaigns, which target your desired audience.
Three Layer design:
- Account – this is associated with a unique email address, password and billing information.
- Campaigns – these have their own budgets and settings which determine where your ads will be placed.
- Ad Groups – these contain sets of similar keywords and ads.
Take note: Video campaign ad groups contain video ads with common targeting criteria and bids. An ad group can only have the same format of videos within it. If you want to run TrueView in-stream and in-display ads (YouTube) you will need to create two different ad groups.
TOP TIP: Use a standard naming convention for all of your ads, keywords lists and ad groups. That way you will easily be able to tell which campaign is which.
Google Ads Editor
Google Ads Editor is one of the internet’s best-kept secrets! As with most tools from Google, it is free to use and allows you to make bulk changes to your ads, ad groups and campaigns.
To use Google Ads Editor all you need to do is download the free application, then download your accounts. Using Google Ads editor allows you to make changes to your accounts offline which you can then upload into Google Ads. By allowing you to make changes in bulk you can save hours of work.
Any advertiser with any size account can use Google Ads Editor, but it is particularly useful for accounts which have multiple campaigns and long keyword lists or ads.
With Google Ads Editor you can:
- Make multiple changes quickly with bulk editing tools
- You can upload and download files to share proposals or to make changes to an account.
- View stats from your campaigns
- Manage, View and Edit multiple accounts at the same time.
- Search and replace text across ad groups or campaigns.
- Move &/or Copy items between ad groups and campaigns.
- If you make a mistake you undo or redo multiple changes while editing your ad campaigns.
- Create and manage a draft version of your ads before uploading them to your accounts.
- Keeps you working anywhere in the world with offline functionality.
Using Google Ads Editor with Google Ads
The key to any good ad campaign is to get started! Getting started with Google Ads Editor is easy and simple. However, it doesn’t mean that you can’t still make changes to your account or ad campaigns in Google Ads. Just ensure that you remember to download your recent changes to make sure Google Ads Editor stays up to date!
You can even use Google Ads Editor to add remarketing lists to your campaigns!
To find out how to do this visit the Google Support Centre here
To find out more about Google Ads Editor and it’s features click here
Enjoyed this blog?
Take a look at some of our other recent blogs on Google Ads and Digital Marketing.
If you enjoyed this article, you may also like:
- How To Create Responsive Search Ads
- How To Use Asana Effectively
- How To Setup Gmail Ads
- Landing Page Optimization Tips
- Types of Google Ads Campaign
Join in YouTube Live stream every weekday at 1600 hrs. Set your reminder here.