Lead form extensions are a great additional to your Google Ads campaign and you can benefit from their services right away. If you’re looking for a quick and simple user guide on lead form extensions, look no further, we have you covered.
In this blog post, we will be explaining what lead form extensions are, their benefits and how they work within your Google Ads campaign.
What are lead form extensions?
Lead form extensions are a variety of Google Ads extensions that allow you to immediately capture customer user information when they search for your business or products. They generate leads by letting your customers submit their information, directly into a form from your ad. Lead form extensions were created to replace the need for directing potential customers to a post-click page to eventually convert.
What are the benefits of lead form extensions?
There are a number of benefits when it comes to lead form extensions within your Google Ads campaign:
- They can produce and generate leads to boost sales for your business, products and services.
- They can boost leads into your marketing space to help get more conversions.
- They can find and engage potential customers and make them interested in your products and business.
- They are super easy to set up and an easier user experience too.
How lead form extensions work:
- Lead form extensions work by adding them to your Google Ads campaign. You can create lead form extensions to search, discovery, display and video campaigns, which allow for a great variety of results (lead form extensions within video campaigns are currently in a beta stage).
- Customers within your target market will visit a Google property (YouTube for example), and interact with the ad that contains the lead form extensions. When your audience opens the lead form, they can pick to submit their contact information, email address, phone number etc.
- You can then download and manage your leads from within Google Ads.
What are the requirements for using lead form extensions?
Make sure you’re doing all these practices before starting to use lead form extensions:
- Having a good history of policy compliance.
- A Google Ads account in an eligible vertical or sub-vertical. If you have a sensitive sub/vertical (for example sexual content), you aren’t eligible for lead forms.
How do I create Google Ads lead form extensions?
A quick guide on how to create Google Ads lead form extensions:
Note: You need to have your Google Ads account whitelisted or the lead form extensions button won’t be available.
Step 1: Go to your Google Ads dashboard
Step 2: Click on “Ads & Extensions” and click on “Extensions”
Step 3: Click on the blue plus (+) sign
Step 4: Click “Lead Form Extension”
Step 5: Select which campaign you want to choose
Step 6: Fill out all the ad copy; headlines, description, questions and background image
Step 7: Create form submission message
Step 8: Select a call to action for your ad
Step 9: Integrate your CRM using the lead delivery option dropdown button
Step 10: Click Save
That’s it. Your lead form extensions in Google Ads is now set up.
Did You Enjoy This Blog Post?
I hope you enjoyed this blog post and thank you so much for being with me over here. And I look forward to seeing you at the next one.
If you haven’t subscribed to our YouTube channel then please do so, we upload videos regularly and you hit the bell button as well. So, you will be the first one to be notified when we do upload a new one.
If you enjoyed this blog, you may also like:
- How To Promote YouTube Videos With Google Ads
- The Ultimate Guide to Google Ads Ad Extensions
- The Ultimate Guide to YouTube TrueView In-Stream Ads
- Google Smart Shopping Campaigns: Everything You Need to Know
- The Ultimate Google Ads Guide For Wedding Photographers
- Top 5 Best Google Ads For Dentists And Dental Practices