You can use display ads to help you advertise your brand or product offerings and promote any long-form content you have. If you are struggling with getting your display ads noticed, we are here to guide you with this video tutorial:
At the end of this blog, you will know more about Discovery Ads and how to set up a successful campaign.
Everything You Need to Know About Discovery Ads
You can reach up to 2.9 billion customers throughout your Google feeds if you use Discovery Campaigns. This campaign will help you develop visually stunning and personalised ads for people looking to engage with your brand because of Google’s excellent audience insights. What is more, you can do all this through a Google Ads campaign.
Benefits of Discovery Campaigns
- Discovery campaigns help you reach more Google users on the various properties under the search engine, including YouTube and Gmail.
- Because of Google’s dedication to understanding audiences and customer intent, you will be able to show more meaningful and relevant ads to people who are ready to learn more about your products or services.
- Since this campaign relies on consumer browsing habits, Google uses machine learning to showcase your ads across all devices. You can then create stunning advertisements that will be rendered across all Google properties. Therefore, you can reach more customers with minimal effort and minimal time wasted.
When to Use Discovery Campaigns
You should consider Discovery campaigns if:
- You are looking to reach more people and expand your customer base. This campaign can help you generate interest from potential customers who are looking for a new brand or product to try.
- You are attempting to reconnect with your most valuable customers. Discovery campaigns offer you the best opportunities to help you drive action from those familiar with your brand and most likely to connect with you again.
- You are looking to drive conversions with your media on a larger scale. You can use this campaign to drive sales, encourage people to sign up for your newsletter, or boost your website’s traffic.
How to Create a Discovery Ad Campaign
Step 1: Create Your Campaign
- Sign in to your Google account
- Click ‘Campaigns’ on the page menu on the left side.
- Click the plus button (in blue) and choose ‘New Campaign.’
- Select your marketing objective (Website Traffic, Leads, Sales, or even No Goal)
- Opt for the ‘Discovery’ campaign type and select your geographic location and language targeting for the campaign
- Select your targeted audience and set your daily budget
- Click ‘Save and Continue’
Step 2: Create Your Discovery Ad
- You can either set up a single-image ad or a multi-image carousel ad.
- Upload relevant assets to your desired ad type (includes your headline, images, description, URLs, and Call to Action)
Step 3: Give it Time
Once you have everything uploaded, you should give your campaign some time to gather momentum. You can set a budget that allows for more volume and one you are comfortable running within a period.
Step 4: Automatic Targeting
Using automatic targeting will help you expand your reach and allow you to generate more conversions.
Video Ad Formats
Google Ads allows you to create stunning video campaigns. There are six video formats to choose from:
- Skippable In-Stream Ads: It is used to promote video content during, before, or after other YouTube videos. Additionally, it is an excellent choice when you want to drive sales, generate leads, or boost website traffic.
- Non-Skippable In-Stream Ads: This format is used for brand awareness. You can let it play during, before, or after other videos. Viewers would not be able to skip the ad.
- Video Discovery Ads: Used to promote videos in discovery places such as YouTube search results and related videos.
- Bumper Ads: This format is best used if you want to send a short but memorable message.
- Outstream Ads: You should consider using this video format to expand your ads’ reach on mobile devices.
- Masthead Ads: Advertisers use this format to raise awareness on a new product or service or reach a broad audience within the shortest period.
TrueView Video Discovery Ads
TrueView Discovery ads usually appear in areas where users find content on YouTube. These typically include the Related Videos sections, search page results, and the YouTube homepage.
Standard Display Ads
Standard display ads are available on all Google properties. On YouTube, for example, they run on all sections of the site except for its Homepage. They come available in a 300×250 display ad and are usually placed on the right side of your YouTube video.
So, there you have it! With any hope, these tips will help you find success when advertising across Google and its other properties. Check out these sites if you would like to learn more about video discovery ads, how to set up video discovery campaigns, different YouTube video ad formats, as well as TrueView video discovery ads, and standard display ads.
If you enjoyed this article, you may also like:
- Video Marketing Series With SEMRush
- YouTube Video Ads Setup
- YouTube Video Marketing System
- Video Live Streaming Setup Guide
- How To Grow Your Business With Video Marketing
Don’t forget you can also join us live on YouTube on weekdays 1600 hours UK time. Set your reminder here